Saturday, February 23, 2013

Picking up quarters with 'Swag'

Hi all,

First of all, it took me a long time to even know what 'swag' was.  For those of you who do not, it's when kids (teens and 20s) wear their pants so low you can see half (sometimes more) of their ass.

Before I knew what it was called I knew it was beyond ridiculous.  I don't even care to guess what it's supposed to signify but I have a hunch it's meant to be cool.

Picture this: walking the dog behind a group of late teen ruffians in the big city and having one of them - with tremendous swag - stop, bend over and pick up a quarter.  I'll leave the rest to your imagination and suffice it to say it's going to take me awhile for the revulsion to dwindle away.

Outside of it being just plain annoying and beyond the fact that most of these kids aren't the most - how do i say this - hygienically evolved of the species what the hell do they do if someone is chasing them down the street? How can a person run?

That being said it's obvious that it's not an evolutionarily stable strategy, i.e. you will get run down and if so probably have a good chance of being beaten to a pulp or worse.

Like our friend Barack said after his '08 campaign: "Brothers need to pull their pants up."

I couldn't agree more.

Blah-g,

John D'oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment